Boquete, Panama – Western Panama’s largest charitable auction, Bid4Boquete, has announced the addition of an African safari to its already wide array of goods, services and trip packages. The safari begins from the Zulu Nyala Game Lodge in Hluhluwe, South Africa offers twice daily game tours to see incredible, exotic wildlife while spending the post-tour amidst its luxurious accommodations.
The once-in-a-lifetime trip for two, valued at $5995, will go to the highest bidder or can be purchased at the “buy-it-now” price of $3,000. Just fill in the bid form at the website: www.bid4boquete.com/bid-form/html. “We have never had such an exciting opportunity up for grabs and it could come as a real bargain for a smart bidder,” says Co-Chair Penelope Barrett. “We’re hoping it goes for a great price though,” says Barrett, “because the money goes to help less fortunate individuals in our community.”
The Safari is not the only unique offering this year either. A pound of the World’s Most Expensive Coffee, Hacienda Esmeralda Special Geisha has been donated by Price and Susan Peterson of Finca Hacienda Esmeralda. This unique and rare blend which is grown, picked and processed at the nearby finca went for a whopping $350/lb. at the world coffee auction winning the title of the World’s Most Expensive.
The entire catalogue of goods, services, trips, etc. can be found online at: www.bid4boquete.com. It’s not too early to start holiday shopping for that hard-to-find present for friends and relatives knowing that the money goes to a great cause benefitting the Boquete area. Bids can be made now or merchandise can be purchased in advance of the auction and benefit set for March 1st. and 2nd, 2014.
Bid4Boquete (A United Way-type umbrella group) supports 11 different agencies and organizations through its year-around fundraising efforts including: 1. Amigos de Animales Boquete – Spay and neuter clinics for dogs and cats
2. Buenos Vecinos de Boquete – Food distribution to 100+ very poor and/or handicapped families
3. Fundaction Pro-Intergracion – Addition to the Handicapped Foundation facility in Alto Boquete
4. Club Rotario de Boquete – Local water, school and scholarship programs
5. Alto al Crimen – Salary for a full time emergency operator (Rodney Moreno)
6. Boquete Knitters and Quilters – Making blankets, booties and hats for newborn indigenous babies
7. Casa Hogar Trisker – Rebuild the ceiling in the boys’ dormitory
8. Colegio el Buen Pastor – Buy instruments for the music program
9. Biblioteca de Boquete – Purchase more Spanish language books
10. ReAl Boquete – Community recycling program and education
11. Santa Lucia Kid’s Camp – Payment for the children of Casa Hogar Trisker to attend camp
Last year the Bid4Boquete raised nearly $80,000 and organizers hope to reach that goal and perhaps even beat that amount this year.