February 11 kicks the weekend off with an Art Show of multi-media offerings, including designer jewelry, by artists from throughout Panama. The Art Show is open to the public at the BCP Event Center from 10 – 3.
The Wine Tasting and Live Auction Saturday night is SOLD OUT.
Sunday's February 12 events begin at 1 PM:
1. Silent Auction, closes at 5 PM,
2. Patio Sale,
3. Plant Sale featuring heliconias, orchids and bromeliads, as well as more familiar garden and house plants
4. Craft and Used Book Sale
5. Children s games and activities (so the adults can shop and bid!)
6. Food court including a full bar
7. Raffles. Raffle tickets are $3 each or 2 for $5. The lucky winners will take home a basket of wine and liquors from Canavaggio's worth over $240, a refrigerator, or share 50/50 in a cash pot with Bid4Boquete. You do NOT have to be present to win a raffle—but you do need to buy your tickets. Raffle tickets are available at the Tuesday Morning Market in Boquete.
As an added bonus, on Sunday, February 5, there will be an advance Boutique Sale of designer brand and high quality clothing for sale, beginning at 1 PM, at the Amigos de Boquete site behind the Fundadores Hotel in Boquete.
Last year's event raised over $60,000 and was divided amongst several organizations serving the needs of Boquete and Potrerillos. More than 100 volunteers have been working for months now to collect donations and organize the activities and we have already received over $73,000 in donated goods and services and almost $15,000 in cash donations. Over $6,000 of donated items have already been purchased on line.
Our largest corporate sponsors, Banco General, Banco Nacional and Boquete Quality Properties, have pledged $1 total of $10,000. Be sure and thank them next time you are in town.
Visit our Auction Item page to see the amazing list of goods and services which over 300 donors have offered this year. http://www.bid4boquete.com/auction-items.html. Trips, resort packages, airline tickets, wine, legal services, tours, fishing trips, accounting help, fertilizer...the items range from the practical to the luxurious and there is, really, something for everyone. You can bid on line, NOW, to secure something you just must have. Go to the website and enter your bid for full value and the item is yours. Or, start the bidding now, online, and you might just get a bargain.
What we need NOW, is for you to attend. Help Bid4Boquete meet its goal of raising $75,000 this year to benefit those in need. 100% of proceeds from the sale go to beneficiaries. Come out to see the Art Work and Jewelry for sale on Saturday. Plan to bring the family and spend Sunday afternoon enjoying the fun and excitement of this annual event. Kick off on Sunday is at 1 PM at the BCP Event Center and across the bridge at the Boquete Feria. See you there!